Dear Players, Parents and/or Legal guardians,
Please accept this letter as your invitation to become a member of the Hurricanes Dallas (HCNS) & Texas LoneStar Basketball Organization (TLB), for the 2019-20 season. We are a year-round training program that focuses on developing aspiring college basketball players. Team practices and skills training will be scheduled throughout the entire year. We also offer and encourage players to participate in extra skills training sessions throughout the year that are offered at a discounted rate for our players. We strive to be the best and we thank you for choosing to be a part of our basketball family!
This commitment will be from the date of submission through 2 August 2020. Please read the following thoroughly. In accepting this offer, the identified player below will be committed to Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar during the time frame noted above and maintain a:
LIMITED membership (1 practice/week) during off tournament season (August-January) and a STANDARD membership (2 practices/week) during tournament season (February-July).
Please be advised that Hurricanes Dallas & TLB reserves the right to modify team placement, practice schedules, tournament schedules, practice facilities, coaching assignments, and team names/identifiers at any time during the year. All changes will be made in the best interest of the organization, the team, and the individuals players.
The submitted acknowledgment of this commitment letter binds a player to the Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar Basketball organization for the current season. Players may not play for another team unless Texas LoneStar Basketball releases the player, or provides consent, and the player complies with applicable AAU rules with respect to changing organizations for the state the player is participating in.
By submitting this commitment letter, I understand that participation with another organization or team outside of Hurricanes Dallas & TLB is strictly prohibited without prior approval from the head coach of your son/daughter’s team. If playing in other non-school sports, participation in Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar will be the first priority. I understand and acknowledge that all team practices and games are mandatory unless otherwise agreed upon by the coach. Failure to abide by these terms can result in game suspension or the termination of this contract. I also understand that Hurricanes Dallas & LoneStar reserves the right to terminate this contract due to any action that is listed in the Letter of Intent and Exceptions, Player and Parent Exceptions Letter, or for any reason deemed inappropriate by HCNS & TLB.
As the parent and/or legal guardian for the player identified below, I fully understand and agree to abide by the following financial policy:
All monthly fees are due on the first of each month (unless otherwise agreed upon with the Hurricanes Dallas & LoneStar Staff). If monthly fees and/or additional tournament expenses for the player identified below are not paid upon the expected deadline, the undersigned player will be placed on a probationary period and will not be allowed to continue with Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar until such fees and/or expenses are paid in full. All account balances must be current prior to participating in the first July tournament (no roll over balances allowed). I acknowledge that no refunds will be given after payment is submitted. I also understand that if the player/parent decide to terminate their commitment to Hurricanes Dallas & LoneStar prior to the date listed above, a termination fee equal to the remaining months fees (coaching, gym, and tournaments that were listed on original team tournament schedule) will be charged.
I, the parent or guardian of the player listed below, acknowledge that participation in athletic events necessarily involves risk of physical injury. I understand that my child will be participating in strenuous physical activity and I am entirely responsible for ensuring that my child is physically able to participate, and my child has no known medical conditions that would restrict participation.
In consideration for accepting the participation in the Hurricanes Dallas (HCNS) & Texas LoneStar Basketball (TLB) event(s) for the player noted above, I hereby release, discharge and hold harmless the Hurricanes Dallas & TLB coaches, staff, owners, volunteers and facility operators, employees, and owners from any claims arising out of, or relating to any physical injury that may result to the player noted above, while participating in a Hurricanes Dallas & TLB event, including any physical injury caused by the negligence of any Hurricanes Dallas & TLB representative, volunteer, or coach while performing his/her duties during the event for Hurricanes Dallas & TLB.
I understand that I, or my designated emergency contact noted below, will be contacted in the event my child is deemed to need medical attention. In the event that I, or my emergency contact, cannot be reached in an EMERGENCY, I hereby give permission to the attending Hurricanes Dallas & TLB coaches or representatives to secure proper treatment for my child.
By completing this form, you are agreeing to the terms of this waiver.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Maryann Wahhab @ 214-938-0114 at any time. You can also email us at email@example.com.
PLAYER AND PARENT EXPECTATIONS
Players, Parents and/or Legal Guardians,
Commitment is the corner-stone to any successful team. Your daughter’s team will rely on her dedication and decision to play for Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar. Based on your son/daughter’s commitment we are able to build a strong and complementary team. By submitting this letter, I understand the follow guidelines apply to our family’s membership with Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar:
1) Specific team placement is NOT guaranteed. Team assignments are made by the Head Coach and the Director of Coaching to ensure the best arrangement is made for the organization, team and players. The final decision for placement is made at the discretion of the Director of Coaching.
2) Players, parents and /or legal guardians MUST display good sportsmanship at all times during practices, tournaments, games and while traveling during Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar team events. Violations can include dismissal from HCNS & TLB, subject to review by the Director of Coaching.
3) Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar does NOT guarantee specific participant playing time. Playing time will be earned during practice, continued improvement of basketball fundamental techniques, player’s attitude and at the discretion of the coaching staff per individual player and game situations.
4) It is the responsibility of each player to address issues related to playing time or court related issues with his/her Head Coach. If a parent wishes to address their son/daughter’s coach related to the same, they may NOT do so 24 hours before or after a game. The Head Coach must be contacted prior to initiating contact with any other HCNS & TLB staff regarding on court issues, unless extenuating circumstances prevent doing so.
5) All player’s social media accounts can be monitored and can be used to determine HCNS & TLB membership continued ELIGIBILITY. The following content is discouraged from players profile/pages: drugs, alcohol, sexual innuendoes, and profane or racial language. This includes pictures, comments, posts, tweets/retweets, “likes” or any other action to link the player’s account with discouraged content. HCNS & TLB will only provide 1 warning to the parents if inappropriate content is discovered, second offense is grounds for dismissal. HCNS & TLB reserves the right to determine what is or is not appropriate behavior.
6) Attendance to all scheduled practices and games is MANDATORY for all players. If a player is not able to attend a scheduled event the coach must be notified as soon as possible. If a player has more than 1 unexcused absence he/she is subject to dismissal from the HCNS & TLB program.
7) Parents of each respective team are REQUIRED to volunteer, as necessary, for their son/daughter’s team to run the score board and time clock for each game.
8) All players MUST obtain an AAU card with Extended Coverage. (If you get the standard coverage, you will have to call AAU to upgrade.)
9) A copy of Birth Certificates and/or School Report Cards MUST be provided, if requested.
10) Players, Parents, and/or legal guardians are REQUIRED to participate in all fundraising events that benefit their son/daughter’s individual team or the Hurricanes Dallas & LoneStar organization as a whole.
11) It is the parents’ and/or legal guardian’s responsibility to pay all fees by the given deadlines as outlined in the “Letter of Intent and Commitment” for the Hurricane Dallas & Texas LoneStar Basketball season.
12) Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar Basketball reserves the right to TERMINATE this contact, or render a player ineligible to participate, if circumstances arise that warrant such action. Such actions include, but are not limited to, lawsuit filled or threatened against Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar Basketball, employees of Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar, a facility in which is utilized by Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar, or the staff of a facility utilized by Hurricanes Dallas & Texas LoneStar. Final determination for player eligibility is done by the Director of Operations, Maryann Wahhab & Annie Stellato.
Please complete the electronic acknowledgement below after reading this agreement.