DO ALL THINGS
Inaugural 2016 GAMES
The HurrICANes GAMES are a competitive test to find the most skilled basketball athletes. The events are made up of a series of tests for athletes to display their basketball skill set and ability level. The ICAN GAMES are designed to test fundamentals. The goal is to find and recognize the most skilled basketball athletes.
Each athlete who registers by March 24th, 9pm, will be able to compete in the ICAN GAMES. They will be tested on a combination of any groupings of these skill sets: free-throws, 3-point shooting, mid-range shooting, agility drills, speed, ball-handling, and passing, to name a few. The ICAN games will not be limited to these skill sets but will many be comprised of them!
Each event will have a score maximum. Each athlete will compete in all nine events. After each event the athlete has completed, they will have a score from that event. The athlete with the largest cumulative score wins the ICAN GAMES.
NINE EVENTS (in honor of 9 years):
- 100 Free-throws: sets of 10. your score is the number of made free-throws out of 100.
- 25 Threes (3’s): sets of 5 – 3’s in 5 spots. your score is the number of made 3’s out of the 25.
- Hot Shots: how many shots you can make in 1 minute from designated spots that will have designated point values. your score is the point total from the spots you made a shot from.
- 20 Mikan’s: set of 20. your score is the number of mikan’s made out of 20.
Scaled version for younger athletes not able to do Mikan’s: Rebound Put Backs : right side
- 20 Reverse Mikan’s: set of 20. your score is the number of reverse mikan’s made out of 20.
Scaled version for younger athletes not able to do Mikan’s: Rebound Put Backs : left side
- Passing Accuracy Combine: passing drills where you have to hit specific spots stationary or on the move in different time intervals based on the challenge. for every 5 accurate passes you make it counts as 1 point. your score is the number of points you accumulate in the interval allotted for that challenge. there will be multiple challenges in this combine. your total score for this event is the cumulative score of all the challenges within this combine.
- Ball-Handling Combine: ball handling drills that must be accomplished in the time interval allotted. points will be given based on how many sets of the drill you were able to accomplish in the allotted time. your score is the number of points you accumulate in each ball handling challenge. there will be multiple challenges in this combine. your total score for this event is the cumulative score of all the challenges within this combine.
- Speed & Agility Combine: athletes will go through a combination of speed and agility drills. your points will be determined by accuracy of your footwork agility and speed by which you can complete the drill. points will be earned by completing the drills within the predetermined times.
- Versatility Combine: athletes will go through an “all-around” combine which will mix several skill sets together to test the versatility of the athletes. points will be determined by the speed at which you complete the versatility combine.